On Leave Spring 2018
- “Tuning in to Precious: The Black Women’s Empowerment Adaptation and the Interruptions of the Absurd.” Black Camera 4.1 (Winter 2012, Special “Close-up” on Precious): 74-95. http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2979/blackcamera.4.1.74
- “Of Cain and Abel: African American Literature and the Problem of Inheritance After 9/11.” American Literary History 25.1 (Spring 2013): 190-204. http://alh.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/1/190
- “‘Welcome Back to the Living’: Twilight Memories of Martin Luther King, Jr. in Contemporary American Television.” South Atlantic Quarterly 112.2 (Spring 2013). 241-260. http://saq.dukejournals.org/content/112/2/241
- “Through the Other Looking Glass: Kaleidoscope Aesthetics and the Optics of Black Leadership.” African Identities 11.2 (Spring 2013, Special Issue on Cedric Robinson): 227-35.
- Something of a Beginning.” Review of What Was African American Literature? by Kenneth Warren. “What is African American Literature?: A Symposium.” Los Angeles Review of Books, June 2011. http://lareviewofbooks.org/post/6482760433/what-is-african-american-literature-a-symposium
- “The Black President Hokum.” American Quarterly 63.1 (March 2011): 33-59. http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/american_quarterly/v063/63.1.edwards.html
Professor Edwards specializes in African American literature, gender and sexuality, and black political culture. She is the author of Charisma and the Fictions of Black Leadership (University of Minnesota Press, 2012), which won the Modern Language Asosciation’s 12th annual William Sanders Scarborough prize. Her work, published in such journals as American Quarterly, Callaloo, American Literary History, and Black Camera, shows how contemporary African American literature challenges us to think in new ways about the relationships between African American narrative, American popular culture, and the contemporary history of black politics and black social movements. Professor Edwards is currently at work on a book on African American literature and the War on Terror.
Ph.D. Duke University