- “Charles Dickens”
(co-edited with John Kucich) The Oxford Encyclopedia of British Literature (ed. Nancy Armstrong, 2006)
- “‘Appeals to Incalculability’: Sex, Costume Drama, and The Golden Bowl”
Henry James Review 23, 2002
- “‘Hallucinations of Intimacy’: The Henry James Movies”
Henry James at the Movies (2002)
- “Histories of the Present”
Victorian Afterlife: Contemporary Culture Rewrites the Nineteenth Century (co-edited with John Kucich, 2000)
- “‘Intimate Disarray’: The Henry James Movies”
Henry James Review 19.3, Fall 1998
- "The Father, Castration, and Female Fantasy in Jane Eyre"
Jane Eyre: A Casebook (ed. Beth Newman, 1996)
- "'Experiments Made By Nature': Mapping the Nineteenth-Century Hysterical Body"
Victorian Newsletter 81, Spring l992
- "Looking at Tess: The Female Figure in Two Narrative Media"
The Sense of Sex: Feminist Perspectives on Thomas Hardy (ed. Margaret Higgonet, 1992)
- "Romola: Trauma, Memory, and Repression"
George Eliot (ed. K.M. Newton 1992)
Awards and DistinctionsProfessional Memberships and Affiliations
- Visiting Scholar, Department of English, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2002-3
- Visiting Scholar, Beatrice Bain Research Group, University of California, Berkeley, l991-2
- Guggenheim Fellowship, 1990-1
- Editorial Board, Neo-Victorian Studies, 2007-
- Editorial Board, Atlantis, 2005-
Other Information of Interest
- "Dianne F. Sadoff" - New Faculty Profile
by Carolyn Williams (Future Traditions Magazine, Issue 1)