English FAQs

How do I get a Special Permission Number (SPN) for a closed class?

If the class is closed, you must write an email directly to the professor of the class to ask if s/he will allow you to add the class even though it is full. It is up to the discretion of the instructor whether or not you can be added. If the professor writes back and says yes, you must forward that email to Leandra Cain (for English) or Aimee LaBrie (for creative writing classes) and they will give you an SPN to register. You cannot get an SPN without written confirmation from the instructor that you can be added.